Tuesday 8 January 2013

God’s Word: My anchor in 2013


So I was at a friend’s wedding about 3 weeks ago. I arrived late because I got lost on my way, so I sat at the back. Fortunately for me though, I got in just in time for the vows. After the vows, the pastor preached the salvation message while sharing a few thoughts on marriage. 

As I sat there, I had several things on my mind, mostly major decision issues. I needed clarity and direction from God as the New Year was fast approaching. While I listened to the pastor and agreed with much of what he said, suddenly several Scriptures (not related to sermon at all!) started flashing through my mind in such a fast pace that I quickly took a notepad and wrote them down. As they came up in my mind’s eyes certain phrases and words jumped at me and flooded my soul with light and filled me with renewed purpose. 

God has spoken to me through these specific Bible verses over the years at different points and in different circumstances in my life. However, this time, it felt like God was giving me a cumulative collection of Scriptures for 2013. Each verse countered each anxiety or concern that I had. Indeed, I could add on more Bible verses to the list and create a little pamphlet out of them. 

I don’t know what 2013 holds for me, but I’m so comforted that God has already given me divine tools to work with in the days ahead. His words are my anchor for 2013. 

I pray that God will speak to you also and that you will hear Him speak to your soul. A new day has come!



Afienhyia pa!
Lady Akofa.

Please click here to read part 2 of this post.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stuff. Shall we look forward to reading bits and pieces of the "cumulative collection of scriptures" that made the flood and how we all can learn from them, better still apply them to our lives. Best wishes esp regarding the "major decision issues" and HAPPY 2013!

ladyakofa said...

Hey Kwesi,

I plan to share some of those Scriptures, soon!

Cheers!
Akofa.