Wednesday 30 January 2013

The LORD is my Shepherd...

The LORD is my Shepherd,
I walk with Him always.
He leads by still waters, 
I walk with Him always.

Always, always
I walk with Him always.
Always, always
I walk with Him always.

I woke up in morning with this song (above) in my heart sometime last week. I let it play in my mind as I relished the memories of the times I sung it at Sunday School and with my sister and cousins at home when we were kids. Then I took out the electronic keyboard and managed to find the rights keys and played it. Worship mode: activated.

This is a song that I haven’t sung or heard in years.  No, we don’t sing it (not this version) in church these days. And I don’t recall hearing it sung in Sunday School in the past five or so years, now that I teach Sunday School. Lesson preparation in this song: activated.

The song is based on Psalm 23. It is one of the Scriptures God gave to me at a friend’s wedding. And it’s one of the most recited prayers in churches, Christian gatherings and schools (even public schools) in Ghana. It is usually learnt in KJV. I figure, most kids can recite it in their sleep, lol! : - ) I remember, a lady in our church gave a testimony  of how God led her sister to pray aloud the Psalm while she was in labour. Wow!

Interestingly, there are many musical renditions of Psalm 23, check out youtube.com and you will see.

to be continued...

Please click here to read the second part of this post. 

No comments: